JANUARY TEEN PROGRAMS
Origami Suncatcher Stars
TEEN VOLUNTEER PROGRAMS
Teen Volunteer Programs- At this time, we are offering minimal in person Teen Volunteering for winter 2021. Contact Anna Dussler at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about ways to earn service hours by participating.
The general duties of teen volunteers are assist with shelving, straightening shelves, displays and special projects as assigned. Teen volunteers work 2 to 3 hour weekly shifts. Volunteering is a great opportunity to gain work experience, earn community service hours, serve your community and learn about the library.
Teens wanting to volunteer during the school year are eligible for positions like shelving and set-up and tear-down for children’s programs like Story Time and Discovery Club during and after-school hours.
Applications are available year-round at the library and online for interested teens. Signed and completed applications may be returned to the circulation desk at the library or given to the teen services librarian.
Stuck at Home?
Things to do so you won’t go stir crazy!
* Need something new to read? Download the Libby by Overdrive app. You sign in with your Wimberley Village Library Card number and your password is the phone number you gave us (no dashes) when you signed up for a card. You can download ebooks and audiobooks to your phone, tablet or laptop. You can read a book before watching the movie!
* Speaking of books to movies, here are some links of what to read before you watch the movie-
* Want to spend your time at home learning a new skill or getting crafty? Check out these websites for ideas-
* Think you have something important to say? Work on building your own blog/ webpage for free!
Want to learn how to cook? Check out these YouTube channels-
You Suck at Cooking
One Pot Chef
America’s Test Kitchen
* And if you can’t leave the house? Here is a list of websites that help you make a dish with what you already have in your pantry-
* Maybe you feel some stress and need to zone out in your room? Try yoga or meditation.
Yoga with Adrienne
Meditating for the first time? Just search for beginning meditation and the internet is a wealth of information. Pick one you like!