Teen Summer Reading 2021: Tails & Tales
June 11 – August 6
Once again, we will use Wandoo to keep track of books read during the summer.
For every 3 books read, teens get 1 entry into a drawing for the chance to win an awesome themed tote bag! Drawing will be held on August 9.
Totes are book, coffee, and art themed and will contain gift cards and other fun items.
Use this link to register: https://wandooreader.com/wimberleylibrary/teen-summer-reading-2021
teen SUMMER volunteer programs
Ages 13 – 17. We will have some in-person Teen Volunteer opportunities this summer. As our children’s programs are still virtual, the main tasks for volunteers will be shelving Children’s and Teen books.
Applications are available in the library or on the website.
If you are interested in virtual volunteer opportunities, book reviews are a great way to earn service hours!
TEEN 'LITLOOT' BOX
For ages 12 – 17
THIS PROGRAM IS FULL FOR THE SUMMER, BUT IT WILL BE BACK THIS FALL. STAY TUNED. THANK YOU!
Have you ever wanted to try a book subscription box? This summer, why not try one on us! Fill out a form (available in the library) and return it to Anna. Once a month she will fill a box with a library book chosen just for you along with some fun treats. Limited availability, so get your forms in!
BASICS OF JAVA PROGRAMMING WITH KYLE KINKEL
For ages 12 – 17
This is a virtual zoom class that will meet twice a week for two weeks. Kyle will incorporate an online class with Google classroom to guide Teens through new coding concepts with fun, challenging projects. The class will include access to supplemental information.
Class dates and times:
Tuesday June 22 – 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Thursday June 24 – 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Tuesday June 29 – 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Thursday July 1 – 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Contact Anna to register. If Teens need to take the class on a laptop here in the library, arrangements can be made.
Stuck at Home?
Things to do so you won’t go stir crazy!
* Need something new to read? Download the Libby by Overdrive app. You sign in with your Wimberley Village Library Card number and your password is the phone number you gave us (no dashes) when you signed up for a card. You can download ebooks and audiobooks to your phone, tablet or laptop. You can read a book before watching the movie!
* Speaking of books to movies, here are some links of what to read before you watch the movie-
* Want to spend your time at home learning a new skill or getting crafty? Check out these websites for ideas-
* Think you have something important to say? Work on building your own blog/ webpage for free!
Want to learn how to cook? Check out these YouTube channels-
You Suck at Cooking
One Pot Chef
America’s Test Kitchen
* And if you can’t leave the house? Here is a list of websites that help you make a dish with what you already have in your pantry-
* Maybe you feel some stress and need to zone out in your room? Try yoga or meditation.
Yoga with Adrienne
Meditating for the first time? Just search for beginning meditation and the internet is a wealth of information. Pick one you like!